Anybody with any experience in the offshore industry knows how difficult and dangerous the work can be. Accidents can happen at any moment, resulting in serious injury and even death.
Common causes of offshore accidents include:
- Bad weather and rough seas
- Equipment breakdowns
- Fires and explosions
- Defective products
- Being struck by falling objects
- Slips and falls
- Crush hazards
- Exposure to toxic or radioactive materials
- Human error
In many instances, these accidents could have been prevented if the proper safety and maintenance procedures had been followed. The Houston offshore injury attorneys at Ricardo N. Gonzalez & Associates help injured offshore workers get the compensation they deserve after being injured on the job.
Common Offshore Injuries Workers Suffer
Offshore accidents can result in a number of serious, even fatal, injuries. Some of the offshore injuries our clients have experienced include:
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries – includes strains, sprains, herniated discs, fractured vertebrae and can result in chronic pain, loss of movement and even paralysis
- Head Injuries and Traumatic Brain Injuries – can impair cognitive abilities and physical functioning
- Burn Injuries – depending on the size and depth of the burn, can result in swelling, blistering, scarring and, in serious cases, shock and even death.
- Crush Injuries – occur when excessive force or pressure is applied to the body and can result in broken bones and severe internal damage.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – people suffering from PTSD may experience agitation, irritability, hostility, self-destructive behavior, emotional detachment, social isolation, insomnia or nightmares
- Electric Shock – can result in severe burns, muscle pain and contractions, seizures, unconsciousness and even death.
- Bone fractures – may require surgery, pain management, immobilization and physical therapy
- Amputation – may become necessary as a result of injuries sustained in an accident
- Impaired Vision & Blindness
- Hearing Loss
Offshore workers have a right to seek compensation for their injuries. The Jones Act, LHWCA, the OCSLA and other maritime laws were enacted to protect injured offshore workers. If you are an offshore worker who has been injured in an accident, these maritime laws can help you seek compensation for the damages caused by your injury.
Legal Help for Workers Who Have Suffered from Offshore Injuries
Ricardo N. Gonzalez & Associates is dedicated to protecting the rights of injured offshore workers. Our offshore injury attorneys have the expertise and legal skills to handle even the most complex maritime injury litigation. We are headquartered in Houston, TX but serve clients in Galveston, Texas City, Pasadena and all over the Gulf Coast. If you or a loved one has been injured in an offshore accident, call Ricardo N. Gonzalez & Associates to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.